Unlocking the Future: Behind the Operations of the British Orthopedic Association with Annette Henninger
Renegade Surgeon: A Trailblazing Orthopedic Director battles the NHS waiting list, advocating for patients and fighting to diversify the board, while sharing valuable insights into the world of orthopedic surgery.
My special guest is Annette Heninger
Annette Heninger is the Director of Communications at the British Orthopedic Association (BOA), where she has been serving for five years. With a background in working with various membership organizations, including accountants and actuaries, Annette brings a wealth of experience to her role at the BOA. In her position, she plays a crucial role in managing the operations and membership options of the organization. The BOA represents orthopedic surgeons at all stages of their careers, from medical students to consultants and retired professionals. Annette and her team work diligently to provide valuable benefits to the diverse membership base of the BOA. This includes advocating for orthopedic surgeons and their patients, offering educational opportunities, and supporting research initiatives. Through effective communication and engagement strategies, Annette helps foster a strong sense of community among BOA members. Her expertise contributes significantly to the success and growth of the organization.
“We try to be quite careful, but we do send them notifications if we've got a piece of latest news that comes out...it has to be quite substantial piece of news that we'll let them know about.”
- Annette Heninger
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Learn about the diverse operations of the British Orthopedic Association and gain insights into the advancements and innovations in orthopedic surgery.
- Explore the different membership types and benefits offered by the British Orthopedic Association and discover how it can enhance your professional development and connections within the field.
- Understand the important role of advocacy in orthopedic surgery and how the British Orthopedic Association works to support and represent the interests of orthopedic surgeons.
- Gain valuable knowledge and insights through the educational resources provided by the British Orthopedic Association and stay updated on the latest research and techniques in orthopedic surgery.
- Discover the highlights and benefits of attending the annual congress of the British Orthopedic Association, where you can network with fellow professionals, attend educational sessions, and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends.
- Learn about the strategies and initiatives implemented by the British Orthopedic Association to attract and retain young members, and how this can contribute to the future of orthopedic surgery.
Comprehensive operations of the British Orthopedic Association
The British Orthopedic Association (BOA) is an inclusive organization catering to orthopedic surgeons at different stages of their careers. It not only drives advocacy efforts on behalf of these professionals and their patients but also fosters a learning environment by providing education, sponsoring research, and holding an annual congress. Emphasizing community, the BOA adopts strategies to attract and retain young members and keeps them informed through digital channels including a dedicated mobile application.